Latest personal finance news and trends in India
Makemytrip.com, a online travel website, is offering upto 30% off for ICICI netbanking customers. These discounts are valid upto August 20, 2010.
Some of the salient aspects of this offer are as follows:
Domestic Flights: Upto Rs. 250 cashback
• Rs. 100 per one way ticket or Rs. 250 per return ticket (except Indigo Airlines and Spice Jet Airlines)
Bus: 20% cashback
• Max Rs. 100 per transaction on 5 unique transactions booked on five different dates
• A maximum cash back of Rs. 1000 per account
Online Hotels: Upto 30% cashback
• 30% cashback on bookings above Rs. 5,000
• 15% cashback on bookings uptill Rs. 5,000
• Max Rs. 500 per night and Rs. 1,500 per transaction
International Flights: 10% cashback
• Max Rs. 5,000 per transaction for US travel
• Max Rs. 750 per transaction to any other sector (except SAARC countries)
The deal code to be used is ICICINET. More details of this offer are available on makemytrip.com.
Travel website Yatra.com is offering upto 30% on travel bookings for ICICI Bank Credit and Debit Cardholders. This offer is valid till July 31, 2010.
How to avail these discounts:
1. Search for a flight (domestic or international) or a hotel within India at www.yatra.com.
2. Select your preferred flight or hotel and continue with the booking process.
3. On the Payment Details, enter the promotion code, that is the letters ”ICICI” followed by the first 6 digits of your ICICI Bank Credit or Debit Card Number. For example, if your card number is 5239 5134 5678 9012, the promotion code will be “ICICI523951″.
Book online using your ICICI Bank Credit or Debit card and get following benefits:
1. Get 30% discount on Hotel and holiday booking with your signature, platinum and Titanium Credit card subject to maximum to Rs. 1250/- off.
2. Get 15% discount on hotels and holiday booking within India for Gold and Silver Credit Card subject to maximum to Rs. 750/- off.
3. Get 10% discount on domestic flights subject to maximum of Rs 250/- off.
4. Get 10% discount on International Flights subject to maximum of Rs. 750/- off.
Book a train ticket on Yatra.com using your ICICI Bank Credit or Debit card and get Rs 250 off on your next hotel or holidays bookings. Just make a successful Train booking and Yatra.com will SMS the discount code to you on the Cell no. provided to it during your booking.
Reserve Bank of India (RBi) has indicated through a press release that applications made to various departments of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) can now be tracked on-line through the Application Tracking System (ATS). The Reserve Bank launched the Application Tracking System on its website for convenience of the public. The ATS, cannot be used for tracking complaints made under the Banking Ombudsman Scheme or any other complaints.
For tracking the above applications made, the applicants will have to register on the RBI website (ATS link on the home page of www.rbi.org.in). The tracking system will generate a first time login password and send it to the applicant through email. The applicants must necessarily change their password on first login. Through this facility, the applicant can then submit an online application, attach related documents, view it and track its movement.
June 5, 2010. DBS Bank is offering the highest fixed deposit interest rates among all banks in India currently. DBS offers an interest rate of 8.75% for a term of 5 years for non-senior citizens for deposit amounts upto Rs. 15 lakhs. DBS Bank is a foreign bank headquartered in Singapore with 10 branches in India.
Among other banks, South Indian Bank, Bank of Rajasthan, City Union Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank are all offering attractive FD rate of 8.00%. These are all private sector banks.
Among public sector banks, State Bank of Travancore is offering the highest interest rate of 7.75% for a term of 8 to 10 years.
Visit Ratekhoj.com’s FD comparison section to compare and get the best fixed deposit rates in India at any time.
June 5, 2010. DBS Bank is offering the highest interest rate among all banks in India for NRO fixed deposits. DBS is offering an interest rate of 8.75% for deposit amounts below Rs. 15 lakhs for a NRO fixed deposit period of 5 years. For amounts above Rs. 15 lakhs and below Rs. 50 lakhs, DBS offers an interest rate of 8.60% while you can get an interest rate of 8.40% for amounts above Rs. 50 lakhs.
DBS Bank is a bank headquartered in Singapore providing the full range of services in corporate, SME, consumer and wholesale banking activities across Asia and the Middle East. DBS Bank has 10 branches in India.
Among other banks, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank, South Indian Bank, DBS Bank, Bank Of Rajasthan and Catholic Syrian Banks are all offering interest rate of 8.00% for various NRO FD terms.
Visit Ratekhoj.com to compare and get the best NRO fixed deposit rates in India.